March 7, 2010

...Persistence...Perseverance...

Today I worked at American Eagle and my manager said that each associate had to get a customer to sign up for a credit card. This is definitely one of the things I hate the most about working in retail... I must have a face that people love to say no to -shrug- Anyway, when I was put on register I pitched to e...v...e....r...y... customer. Half of them said no before i finished my sentence. The other half waited for me to finish and then said no. sigh... It was a bit disappointing, but i recently saw a little not in a little office that said
So I kept asking. By the time my shift was over, I had gotten 2 people to sign up. yay for me =)

There is something to be said about the experience of persevering in the face of disappointment. Knowing that you might not reach the goal set before you, but making the decision to keep trying. Each time the goal is missed, you have two choices: quit or try again. But then, when you finally touch what youve been aiming at- its almost cause for celebration. =)

When we really put energy into reaching our goals, whether theyre long-term or short-term, they are so much sweeter when we finally get there. We havent just drifted toward them. We havent let life blow us there. We have walked or run or trudged or crawled deliberately to our goals. Grabbing them and claiming them.

No comments:

Post a Comment