February 16, 2012

Don't Forget to Zig!

I did my nails last night using this tutorial I saw on LoveElycia & The Danty Squid. (Both quite lovely blogs.)  I mostly like how they came out, but in the future I'm going to change a few things. I'll write that later. Anywho, here are my progress shots. ^.^


Step 1: Cut strips of tape with your handy zig-zag scissors & stick them over your solid painted nails. (I used regular scotch tape, but it was a bit too sticky even after sticking the tape to my hand a couple times... next time I think I'll try drafting tape or something less sticky.)

Step 2: Paint your contrasting colors. (On The Dainty Squid, she said to pull the tape off while the paint is wet. Mine was a bit tacky by the time I pulled it off, so the edges aren't as clean as they could be. Lesson: follow the instructions, lol.)

Step 3: Cover your awesome chevron nails with a clear topcoat.

Step 4: Enjoy!

I really liked this idea. It was simple & fun. I'm thinking about taking these colors off in a couple days & doing it again.  I also want to go back to walmart & get all the little decorative scrapbooking scissors to make more pretty stripes ^.^ Oh the possibilities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment