July 3, 2010

Of Family and Friends

Today was all about family: blood and otherwise. He and I went to ATL for GC and I was able to see a few of my wingmates from freshman year at Oakwood. It was great to see them and to know that we're still "fam" even though we dont stay in constant contact with eachother. These are the women that will always ALWAYS make me smile. Thats awesome =)

A Bit of 2Dub!

AND... He met my mom today =) And she really likes him! Yay =D I also saw my cousin Felicia which was really great because I havent seen her in a couple years. Awesome reconnection.

This is my mommy!

Family/Friend connections are very important to me. There is always some reason to smile that I discover with them. In fact, M. J. Ryan writes of a research study that showed that happiness increases 30% by greater community interaction.

So how can you be happier each day? Connect with your family or friends.

Build and cultivate those interpersonal connections. More and more Im understanding things that my dad said to me when I was younger. He was always telling me that the most important thing in life are the relationships with other people. Now, as if that wasnt sound advice by itself, there is proven benefit to what he was saying. Turns out he knew what he was talking about, chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment