April 30, 2010

Saved by the Serenity Prayer & God

Sometimes you'll be having sumkinda day... It's not a horrible day, but one of those days that could EASILY turn bad...

This was that day for me.

Short version: I was cussed out by an AT&T customer. He started out angry about his bill, then definitely transitioned into verbal abuse slung at me personally. -sigh- Needless to say, I cried. it was WAY too much negativity for my sensitive emotional self. I managed to hold it together long enough to get a supervisor.

Honestly, I believe that the only thing that helped me pull it together was the Serenity Prayer. I wrote it out on sticky notes and put them on top of my computer. I read and re-read it while praying for calm and peace...

I think God held the calls from my line just to allow me time to talk to Him.

God is so good... And He knows just what we need, right when we need it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment