January 24, 2012

My first Tagging ^.^

I am very excited to have been tagged for this post by Lisa of LesapeaMusings. I hope you all can participate! To anyone reading this, you are welcome to participate in a comment if you like. :)

The Rules

1. Post the rules.
2. Post 11 things about you.
3. Answer the questions the tagger asked you.
4. Write 11 new questions for those you tag.


11 things about me
  1. I love DIY. I do a lot of crochet work, sewing, & clothing refashioning. I also refin
  2. My favorite TV channel is HGTV, but I hate the fact they run hours & hours of House Hunters... -__-
  3. I enjoy shopping at thrift stores. My favorite is ThriftMart. It has some way of easing any stress.
  4. I wish I was a "stiletto gansta"... meaning I wish I could wear high heels for more than an hour... *shrug* a lady can wish.
  5. I like writing to do lists with check boxes. One of my friends said it was weird that I didn't cross each item out. I just think that's too messy.
  6. (hmm... half way there) I use to want to be an English teacher, but then I decided I wanted to do communications... looking back, I probably should have gone with the teacher idea. *chuckle*
  7. I have 2 dogs. One I adopted from the pound & another that I was keeping for a friend who never came to take her back. They keep me on my toes...
  8. I love photography. In college, I majored in Communications- Photojournalism & ended up doing a lot of studio work. I firmly believe that everyone needs photos.
  9. I was (am) a member of Art&Soul Poetry Club of Oakwood University. I was president for 2 years & published a book of poetry during that time. I must say that the friendships I developed & the experiences I had were amazing.
  10. I collect mugs. My collection started on my 24th birthday. Two of my friends planned a surprise party for me & everyone that came had to bring a mug. Ta-da! And that's how you get cupboards overflowing with mugs! lol. ^.^
  11. My favorite number is 12.

11 questions for me
  1. What do you regret most in your life? Not staying active with photography after graduation.
  2. What's your dream vacation? I love the beach, so I'd have to say somewhere sunny, colorful, & on the beach.
  3. What's your fave color? Orange, yellow, & green.
  4. What is your major achievement in life? Graduating college & being able to support myself afterwards.
  5. Who do you love to go shopping with? I would have to say Lamar & my roommate, Cherie. Lamar because we always see some foolish shenanigans & Cherie because she always finds the cutest thrifted things.
  6. What is your dream job? I'm not exactly sure on this one... certainly something artsy... something with children...
  7. What is your all time fave movie? 10 Things I Hate About You. I love sappy 90's love stories :)
  8. If you could have a dinner party, where would you have it & which famous persons would you like to invite (whether alive or deceased)? I would have a casual cookout at a park. I would invite my college poetry club & as special guests: Sunni Patterson, Nikki Giovanni, Sonia Sanchez, Lauryn Hill, Erykah Badu, & Jill Scott... Common, Mos Def, Shihan & Langston Hughes to tone down the estrogen overload I just created, lol.
  9. If you had one wish, what would it be? I... would... wish... for all of my & my family's bills to be paid for life. I hate thinking about paying bills... it makes me want to pull out my hair.
  10. What is your fave dessert? Cheesecake. The classic kind... not the kind with strawberry syrup & all manner of extras.
  11. If you could exchange lives with anybody in the world for a week, whose life would you want to live? I think I'd switch with Sunni Patterson. She's a poet & I could only imagine the places she gets to visit for performances. I remember the rush of being on stage performing my pieces, & to do that as a living would be amazing.

11 questions for you.
  1. What do you do to relax?
  2. If you could have any job & know your bills would be paid regardless, what job would it be?
  3. Where is your favorite place to be?
  4. What is your favorite decade?
  5. What is the best thing you ever ate?
  6. Who do you admire the most in your life?
  7. What is one place you want to visit before you die?
  8. What is your favorite book?
  9. What was your favorite birthday?
  10. Who are you inspired by & why?
  11. What advice would you give to children growing up behind you?

Tag you are it!
  1. Cherie @ Sarah-Bellum
  2. Dre @ Cuttlephish
  3. Lamar @ All Grown Up
  4. Dee @ 21
  5. Nikia Phoenix @ Model Liberation
  6. Lucy @ Attic24

Sorry I don't have 11 people to tag yet.

Good luck Everyone. Let the tagging begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment