June 4, 2010

Wisdom from a Stage Play

Love is a great thing, yea, a great and thorough good; by itself it makes every thing that is heavy, light; and it bears evenly all that is uneven.

...

Nothing is sweeter than love, nothing more courageous, nothing higher, nothing wider, nothing more pleasant, nothing fuller nor better in heaven and earth; because love is born of God, and cannot rest but in God, above all created things.


I heard the beginning of this quote in a musical play that He and I watched this evening. The play is called "Love on Lay-a-way" It was a really good play. The quote was actually much longer than what I have written above, but these two parts stand out the most to me. When the character recited the passage, I thought "man... i really need to find that." So i googled it and tah-dah! The Wonderful Effect of Divine Love by Thomas Kempis. Thinking about love made me happy. Thinking about God's love for me and then my love for my family and my friends really made me feel a deep sense of contentment and blessedness... I am truly blessed to have the relationships that I do. I know that I should be more vocal about how much I appreciate the people in my life... I really want to start doing that more. Besides I know that by letting a person know how much i value them, i can definitely spread more happiness. So thats a happy bit times two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment