June 7, 2010

Noble Truths of Happiness

So Im still reading "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin and im half way through the book. I just finished the chapter for June :) Anyway, every so often, she comes up with -what she calls- noble truths of happiness. So far there are two and im keeping a running list of them in my little carry-all notebook. So here they are:

Noble Truth #1:
To be happy, I need to think about feeling good, feeling bad, and feeling right in an atmosphere of growth.
Noble Truth #2:
One of the best ways to make yourself happy is to make other people happy. One of the best ways to make other people happy is to be happy yourself.
I am really enjoying this book. And aside from learning alot about cultivating happiness, I am also building my vocabulary. lol. In each chapter there are at least three words that I underline for later defining. :) love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment